Even though news reports have slowed down the past few days, Renee Pernice is still missing, and her children, as far as what I can find, are still in the care of their father, Shon Pernice, the last person to see Renee alive on January 2. He has given inconsistent statements to police regarding exactly when he last saw her and the circumstances.
Clues according to search warrants made public:
- Shon Pernice used an electronic key card to enter the rear door of a hazmat station where cleaning solvents are stored. This took place at 4:30am, January 3.
- Detectives saw Shon Pernice drive away from the home with Renee's dog, go to a park, drop off the dog and drive away. This took place on January 6. (Detectives picked up the dog)
- Police have collected blood evidence, and discovered a reddish stain on the ceiling and a spot on the garage floor that tested positive as human blood.
- Police recovered latex gloves from coat and pants pockets which had various stains on them.
- Paperwork for divorce proceedings was found in Renee Pernice's home office.
Renee's family has done everything right, keeping her name in the public arena, candlelight vigil, press conferences as well as cooperating with the ongoing investigation, all the while riding the roller coaster of emotions packed into the information they are required to process. They have yet to see their grandchildren since their mother vanished.
Renee and Shon have two children together and are said to be staying with their dad. Shon also has a daughter from a previous marriage.According to comments found on some online discussion boards, Shon Pernice is not a stranger to the grisly ugliness of violent death and, according to some, had a strange fascination with it. Apparently he is living by the words spoken in another case with the same initials, S.P., "Deny, deny, deny".
They haven't seen their grandparents since Renee went missing.
"As you can imagine, we've lost our loved one and we can't reach out to her and we'd dearly love to see those boys," said Pretz.
All we, the public, can do at this point is help Renee's family keep her picture and information out there to keep the story alive until such a time as she is found. Pray for her children and family members that the time will be soon and the wheels of justice can start to turn.
Please join us at Peace4 the Missing