Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2009 Hope For The Future





My first foray into blogging started in 2008, mostly as an outlet for my concerns about missing persons, especially missing mothers. I have covered a range of missing mothers from long ago cases to recent cases as well. As I researched and read about each one of them, they became personal to me, reaching out to me to tell a small story about them, but especially their children. These mothers needed to be heard, to once again have their story told.

I have been fortunate to get to know several of the "children" who, for the most part, are grown. I have communicated with family members who have offered their remembrances and vented their frustrations. These are the feelings that are almost universal in cases of missing mothers. The unanswered questions which, in some cases, may never be answered, but in all of them there is still hope. They will never give up and they will always hope.

I have also been incredibly blessed to be a Co-Founder for Peace4 the Missing, which is a haven for a lot of the "children" who contacted me as well as other family members and friends of missing persons. It is an interactive network that strives to be a place of comfort and encouragement, not necessarily a place to solve cases. With it's diverse membership, the site has grown to be a place where support is found, a community like those of days gone by, where people and the way they feel still mean something.

As 2009 is upon us, the load is great. Almost a million people are reported missing in this country every year.

The internet has proven to be a wonderful place to get information, spread awareness and find support. My goal is to do all I am able to help expose this national tragedy that strikes randomly, in any town, in any home. No one is immune.

So please join me in a toast to the memories of the mothers still missing and to the future of the children who miss them so.


Please join us at Peace4 the Missing

2 comments:

mammabear said...

'The internet has proven to be a wonderful place to get information, spread awareness and find support. My goal is to do all I am able to help expose this national tragedy that strikes randomly, in any town, in any home. No one is immune.'

You are right, Delilah. The internet can be a great tool. You have done an amazing job with a difficult project.
~Prayers~

Scarlett Hodge said...

Hello nice blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...